San Fernando, Trinidad & Tobago

San Fernando is the second most populous city in Trinidad and Tobago, after Chaguanas. It occupies 18 km² and is located in the southwestern part of the island of Trinidad. It is bounded to the north by the Guaracara River, the south by the Oropouche River, the east by the Sir Solomon Hochoy Highway, and the west by the Gulf of Paria. The former borough … Continue reading San Fernando, Trinidad & Tobago

Trinidad & Tobago #1 (1913)

Trinidad and Tobago #1 (1913)

The islands of Trinidad and Tobago became a unified British Crown colony in 1889, combined their postal administrations in 1913, were a province within the short-lived West Indies Federation from January 1, 1958, until achieving independence within the Commonwealth on August 31, 1962. The Republic of Trinidad & Tobago came into existence on August 1, 1976. The islands are situated between 10° 2′ and 11° 12′ … Continue reading Trinidad and Tobago #1 (1913)